Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Newest Buzz - Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner Trial

 
I had my latest BzzAgent campaign recently. I was sent full-sized bottles of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner for dry, damaged hair.

I don't think I would have picked these out in a store. Even the picture that I included above to advertise for the product doesn't appeal to me. I think the models hair looks terrible, her pose is terrible and the packaging is hideous. The shampoo and conditioner looked inexpensive. That's my biggest issue. For some reason, I suspected they smelled unpleasant. I also expected them not deliver what they promised--to hydrate my hair. Like it wanted to confirm my suspicion that it was cheap--the cap broke almost immediately. Lucas, my four year old son, was so excited to see what had come in the mail that he quickly grabbed the shampoo. It fumbled in his hands and felt to the floor. Pieces of plastic flew off the top, shampoo spilled out on the floor. I kept thinking that Lucas my short, little Ewok--what if someone my height had dropped it? since my son isn’t tall and it wasn’t a far fall--this wasn’t a good first impression of the product. I drop shampoo and conditioner in the shower now and again. I don't really want them to shatter on me.
Surprisingly, the shampoo and conditioner smelled nice enough. I still prefer the mint scent of my regularly shampoo and conditioner but that’s just my preference. As you may know, I have long hair and because of that, the ends are damaged and a bit dry. When I used the shampoo--I wasn’t wildly impressed. Usually shampoo is just shampoo to me unless it’s overly drying and this wasn’t. I have no real complaints but no compliments either. It was my typical shampooing experience.
The conditioner, however, was wonderful. It was silky and rich. It hydrated my hair as well as my regular (and quite expensive) conditioner. This may sound silly but I also like that there was no claim that the shampoo or conditioner would repair or magically fix damaged hair. I do not believe a shampoo can “repair” damaged hair and dislike when products make that claim. I can say that it did seem to do what it promised. My hair seemed healthier, silky and radiant. So in my opinion, the shampoo was very average. The conditioner was great.

Here are the pros and cons of Garnier Fructis: Triple Nutrition: Dry, Damaged Hair

Pros:

* Pleasant scent

*The conditioner hydrated my dry hair very well and left it silky.

*The bottle contains 30% recycled plastic which is better than nothing.


Cons:

* Ugly packaging. The bottles wouldn’t attract my attention in a store. They look cheap (the product is inexpensive but they could have a more expensive look just the same). I almost feel if they went with a simpler packaging without so much writing and pictures, they would appeal to more women.

* Weak packaging. The cap broke so easily. It made the whole experience seem cheap.

* Average shampoo. Nothing new from any other shampoo I’ve tried.

If I needed to cut down my spending, I would consider using Garnier’s conditioner. It was pleasant and worked quite well. However, at the end of the day, I would be lying if I said I was going to switch over to their shampoo and conditioner. I do think Garnier should consider a make-over on the appearance of their packing. The neon green covered with writing just looks inexpensive. Then, when the bottle cracked after a small drop, it just confirms your suspicion about it being cheap.

 I gave the products three out of five stars because even though I found some things unpleasant about the shampoo and conditioner, the conditioner did deliver--it smelled pleasant and work wonderfully.

Here is a picture of my hair at Adam's party. That was the first morning I tried the shampoo and conditioner.

Update! 

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for a while now. I am still a big fan of the conditioner!
Here is my latest hair picture:
I have just been using Garnier shampoo and conditioner. Then I used my wave iron and some styling spray. That's it. It has a healthy sheen, I feel and doesn't feel dried out at all. I'm pretty miserable about the bottles though. Seriously? They crack so easily. We don't have a cap left on one and the other is in shards. I am all for being eco-friendly but I'm not sure how these could be. If something is breaking, it's wasteful. They need to improve that aspect of the packaging. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog